Complete the procedure in this section to verify an email address using the Amazon SES console.
To verify an email address using the Amazon SES console
- Sign in to the AWS Management Console and open the Amazon SES console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/ses/.
- In the console, use the region selector to choose the AWS Region where want to verify the email address, as shown in the following image.
To verify an email address for use in more than one region, repeat the procedure in this section for each region.
- In the navigation pane, under Identity Management, choose Email Addresses.
- Choose Verify a New Email Address.
- In the Verify a New Email Address dialog box, type your email address in the Email Addressfield, and then choose Verify This Email Address.
- Check the inbox for the email address that you're verifying. You'll receive a message with the following subject line: "Amazon Web Services - Email Address Verification Request in region RegionName," where RegionName is the name of the AWS Region you selected in step 2.
Click the link in the message.
The link in the verification message expires 24 hours after the message was sent. If 24 hours have passed since you received the verification email, repeat steps 1–5 to receive a verification email with a valid link.
- In the Amazon SES console, under Identity Management, choose Email Addresses. In the list of email addresses, locate the email address you're verifying. If the email address was verified, the value in the Status column is "verified".